My Blog List

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower?

Who knew you could roast cauliflower in the oven?  You can, and it's delicious!!!  I made this recipe about a week ago.  My husband & I both liked it just the way it is, but next time, I may try lemon juice instead of the vinegar and I think a little garlic would be good too.


Ingredients
8 cups 1 inch thick slices of cauliflower florets (1 large head)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. dried marjoram
1/4 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese




Preheat oven to 450.
Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt & pepper in a large bowl.  Spread on a cookie sheet.  Roast for 15 to 20 minutes until cauliflower is softening and staring to brown on the bottom.  Remove from oven, return to large bowl and toss with vinegar and parmesan cheese.  Return to the oven and roast until cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait to try this cauliflower too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a cauliflower eater but I am thinking this may be good!! I am willing to try new foods! Thanks for the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new blog!! (and a yummy looking recipe, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these. They are most excellent! Thanks for the recipe! (I don't remember what else I was going to post when I cooked these, but they are good.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment. Let me know if you've tried the recipe!!!

About Me

My photo
Alma, Arkansas, United States